Wednesday, February 22, 2012

UPDATED: The New Joed's Lutong Hapon

When I ventured into blogging, one restaurant I've been dying to make a blog about is "Joed's Lutong Hapon". Located at Panagdait, just across Sarrosa International Hotel.

The first time I got to eat at Joed's was last year with a very good friend of mine. Back then, "Joed's Lutong Hapon" had only 2 people in the kitchen. It was still at Mabolo and the place was very cozy. Still, it had the reputation of serving delicious food without hurting your pockets.

I clearly remember that our very first order was their Sukiyaki-don since we wanted to find out if the rumors, of how good their food is, was true. When the order arrived, I immediately was in my "food critic" mode and tasted it. Once I was able to put my taste buds to work, I was blown away by just how good it tasted and I then made the conclusion that it surely is one of the best dishes I got to eat in my life. It was also then that I told myself I would spread the word to everyone I knew that Joed's is a must-try.

Since then, I have tried almost all the dishes on their menu and not even once was I not satisfied for trying them. To pig-out would not even be a problem since the prices are very reasonable and I tell you, the food is just AMAZING!

Experience "Joed's Lutong Hapon" for yourself! Surely, you will never regret that you did.

For first timers, I suggest you try my personal favorites Sukiyaki-don and Beef Kimchi.
Sukiyaki-don (My Favorite)
Beef Kimchi
(Thank You Jed for introducing this to me!!)
Kani Salad
Pork Steak
Wasabi Roll
Cali Maki
Calamari
Tankutso
Menu (Contact Numbers)
Price Range
Mini Bar
With Kuya Edgar (Right) at their newest branch
Extremely Satisfied Customers
Here are some words from the man himself, Kuya Edgar Malapitan.

"Joeds Lutong hapon fresh, wholesome Japanese-style cuisine is the essence of our menu. Dating back to the first Japanese carenderia in 2009 in mabolo cebu city, we introduced our signature Beef Gyudon, Sukiyakidon. In 2009, we brought this unique fresh and healthy tradition to the Cebuano people , opening our first Japanese carenderia in cebu. Now they have another branch located at APM 2 right across SM City Cebu.

Our menu is based on fresh ingredients featured in a variety of rice bowls including our signature Beef Gyudon sukiyakidon, Chicken Teriyaki, katsudon, and other varieties of Japanese flavorful cuisine.
Our authentic, yet affordable everyday priced Japanese–style menu has gained a loyal following that spans around the Cebu City. "

Big thanks to my brother for letting me borrow his dslr camera and Miss Claire for her phone camera. =D

For more information and updates on their menu, you can check out their Facebook page by clicking the link below:

Please do support my blogs by commenting, clicking the like button, or by liking this page Lapuk! Thanks.. =D

12 comments:

  1. poi.. dats d  kani salada.. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. thnx sa review puds!! will try this place out!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. and now, i wanna eat sukiyaki-don! hahaha.. kaw sad first nag introduce nako ana... nahan pod ko ana.. hahah =D

    ReplyDelete
  4. daghan lagi kai mo gikaon.. suya ko! hahaha.. gamay ra kai kog natilawan.. favorite pd nko ang beef kimchi! =)

    nice one poy! <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Joeds Lutong hapon fresh, wholesome Japanese-style cuisine is the essence of our menu. Dating back to the firstJapanese carenderia in 2009 in mabol cebu city, we introduced our signature Beef Gyudon,Sukiyakidon®
    In 2009, we brought this unique fresh and healthy tradition to the cebuano people , opening our first Japanese carenderia in cebu. 

    ReplyDelete
  6. Our menu is based on fresh ingredients featured in a variety of rice bowls including our signature Beef Gyudon sukiyakidon, Chicken Teriyaki, katsudon, and other varieties of Japanese flavorful cuisine.
    Our authentic, yet affordable everyday priced Japanese–style menu has gained a loyal following that spans around the cebu city. 
    websit:Joedslutonghapon@facebook.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thnk you so much Guys!

    ReplyDelete