Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Letting Go

I shared a long time ago about the thought of letting someone go. I just feel like sharing it again since our lives is a cycle of holding on and letting go of something dear to us.

I have heard so many people saying that "Letting go is the hardest thing to do". I believed that before I guess, but as time went by it made myself think and question that is it really the hardest thing to do?


I then realized that it isn't, actually it is harder to keep holding on to something. It takes so much effort and could take a lifetime of sacrifice for some.You keep getting hurt more rather than feel happiness more, yet you keep holding on because of the thought that "I LOVE HIM/HER". Not realizing that most people "LOVES THE THOUGHT OF BEING IN LOVE".

Being alone is a very scary thing for me honestly, but I do believe that no one is meant to be alone in this world. So even if you lose that someone, there would always be another person who would be there for you.


I agree that letting go is hard but not the hardest to do, it may hurt A LOT during the moment but in due time you could move on and find someone even better for you. Someone where you would not feel that holding on saps the energy out of you. Someone where BOTH of you feels Happy and content with where you are. You would never ever know what the future holds for you unless you open yourself for the possibility.

Letting go is just the same as setting someone free. It's like when you hold a puppy on your hands. They truly are cute, but they are cuter when they just run around freely wagging there tail. It maybe be weird that I am using a puppy as an example but my point is to just let that person be who they are, and not holding on to them, makes you appreciate them more.

I always thought of myself as a coward since I hardly do the first move in almost anything especially on setting someone free. I realized though, that a coward is someone who just doesn't move at all. Whether you take the first move or the second or the third. as long as your moving then that makes you not a coward. A coward is someone who does not even take the risk of moving at all. Doesn't go for the uncertain. They are just still, not realizing that everything in this world isn't still, even time isn't. It just keeps going forward and not stopping.

Life is always always uncertain, but it's the uncertainty that makes life worth living. ^_^

2 comments:

  1. holding on is more difficult.. T.T waiting for the day to come when you won't have to argue no more, when you won't have to be doubtful.. when both swallowed their own pride..
    so difficult.. haha...

    ReplyDelete
  2. i have aLways stand by whut Kahlil Gibran said about Letting go. . . :))
    "if you LOve somebody, Let them go, for if they return, they were aLways yours, if not, they n'er were. . ."

    reaLLy, letting go and holding on are hard to balance :D

    ReplyDelete