Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Dessert Factory

During Mothers' Day, I was looking for a place where me and my siblings could surprise my mother. I wanted the food to be of good quality and at the same time affordable. Above all, I wanted it to have perfect customer service.

As I was looking around Ayala Center Cebu for a place where my family could have dinner, most of the places I went to were either full or if not, the food on the menu was expensive.

I suddenly remembered Dessert Factory. I  have been there thrice already with my close friends and I remembered my first impression was that the food tasted good and the prices were reasonable. The only thing I didn't like much though was their service was inconsistent, so at first I was doubtful if I wanted my mom to experience that. I decided to check it out again and found it on the third floor of Ayala Terraces.

I wondered if it was possible to have reservations since I was really early and planned that our surprise would be for dinner time at 7pm. I first asked a service crew around 2pm, and that crew said it was not possible to have reservations since they are expecting many people because of the occasion. I didn't get the name of the guy(crew) who talked to me but I surely remembered that it was him who made me say that their service was not satisfactory from the previous times I dined there.


I went back at around 5pm and asked another employee if it was possible to have reservations. Her name was Cecile. I think she was the supervisor, and she was very polite in her apology that it wasn't possible to have reservations during that day, but she also said that she would be very much willing to set a table up for me and my family if I come earlier than 7pm. So I complied to her suggestion and surely everything was set up well.


The food here has a price range of 50 Pesos to 400 Pesos maximum, so it's not that expensive and I assure you that your stomachs will be filled once you eat their food. (TIP: Their Boneless Knuckles is a must-try. It's a little bit on the expensive side, costing Php 350, but the serving is BIG and it's really yummy!)




I highly recommend their Grilled Pork Chops since it's my favorite... =D


Here is the pic of my mom after our surprise to her... 


At the end of the day, I was very happy that everything turned out well with our surprise.


Reminder:
If ever you go Dessert Factory and would want the best service, LOOK FOR CECILE.. Unfortunately, I forgot to take a picture of her. hehehe... 


I give two thumbs up to her service and rate it as outstanding because she was the one serving us.

1 comment: