Friday, May 20, 2011

Starting Your Own Blog

Blogs have been around for quite some time now. Just recently in the Philippines though, it is starting to become popular. About a month ago, I finally had the courage to make my first ever blog. It was a breakthrough for me since I had to challenge myself to be able to do that.

If you haven't made blogs yet and would want to make one, I just want to share to you on how I got started, what it felt before making one, and even though I am not an expert (obviously) I would also be giving some suggestions on how you could start your own personal blog and I hope somehow it helps.

I had 3 main reasons why I didn't do blogging early, in spite of my urge since my college days to make one.

First, I was really hesitant to start blogging since I know that my vocabulary is very limited. I tend to use the same words over and over, and over, and over again just to make it look and sound longer. (Do you get what I mean? hehe) I also have plenty of friends who are into blogging and have made several blogs already, and each time I read their blogs, it makes me feel dumb. (hahahaha)

Second, First Language Influence(FLI) often kicks in or more understandably our native tongue. It makes my sentences feel and sound right but that's the thing, it only " FEELS and SOUNDS RIGHT". One funny example of this would be shown in this video -----

Lastly, I thought too much of how other people would perceive my blog. I was always afraid if they would not be satisfied or if they would just talk crap about it.

I still do feel everything that I mentioned above, especially that I am still new in this, but this is how I get over those feelings...

First thing, I ask for help. If ever you want to start a blog, the best thing to do is ask for help. Just to help you get started, ask your blogger friends to help you out. I know most of them, if not all, will give you unconditional support. They could give you sites that would best suit you. Also, it is best to start with a personal blog since expressing your interests or anything related to you is a fun and easy thing to do.

Next, I make sure I'm Open-Minded. Being open-minded especially when you're just starting is one of the things you should have. Make several blogs to be able to practice your grammar more and then let your friends and other bloggers give their feedback about it. Accept their criticism constructively and do something about what they are saying to you because they are trying to help you.

Finally, I tend not to think about it too much. As a saying goes, "Too much of anything can kill you", so if you do not want your chance to blog to die even before it started, then do not mind them. I'm not saying to totally reject them. Remember that you're making blogs to get a message across or simply share your life, but since your blog is personal, each person is entitled to their own opinion but at least you know the purpose of your blog.


Special Mention to Mark Gallardo for the never ending support, encouragement and learnings. See his website at http://www.triptabai.com/.

4 comments:

  1. nyahahahhaa... himo na... =D

    ReplyDelete
  2. pwede masuya? =) makahimo jd kog blog ahat ani ron.. nyahahaha

    ReplyDelete
  3. MAKE ONE NOW!!! hahahaha... =D 

    ReplyDelete
  4. :: sounds pretty much convincing, poi. hahaha. :') igniting the urge to make one. tsktsk. hahahahaha!  thumbs up dearness. :')

    ReplyDelete